Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Week 8 - Final post & comments

Through this project I came up with idea that I think is unique and has it's potential in technology sector. Augmented reality application using smartphone. I was blown away by it's function and potential it has, I wanted to jump in to technology and make something great. Just like NFC, it's still growing technology and has lots of practical uses for it. It's great for travel, entertainment, gaming, or just for fun of it. Most of us have smartphone these days. It's becoming norm. Especially in college, its hard to see something without smartphone. With their GPS functionality and other sensors, augmented reality application is easier than ever. Of course I will need a good programing coder, but idea behind this technology is infinite.

For example, if you apply this technology to social networking concept, think of all the possibilities. You can play catch & run with your friends real time using your smartphone. As I mentioned in my blog post, walking in to a bar and looking for someone with similar interest and their exact location, bio, etc. (if you agree to share those info of course) This has great potential. However, there aren't lot of people using it so market need to be more saturated before launching this application. There are lot of big companies weighting potential of 3D augmented reality whether it's through big glasses or dedicated machine, but people carry their smartphone everyday. This is where it should be at. People are already replacing their point and shoot daily cameras with smartphone. Technology evolves over time. Ideas are not. 

I think there are clearly market for this, but right now it's small. I will keep developing this idea as other related technology evolve and big companies are willing to bet their R&D to this idea. Throughout semester, I learned new concepts and technology that helped me shape this idea. This project was really helpful for me personally because I always wanted to think of something that was my own idea rather than somebody else. This project got me interested in stuff that I did not before and will keep me going with other ideas. Overall, I enjoyed writing weekly blogs with new ideas incorporated into my idea and checking others blog with their unique ideas as well. This was great experience. Thank you!



Blog commented:

1. Eugene Dvorochkin


2. Jennifer Wu


3. David Taylor



No comments:

Post a Comment